proposal to expand telepsychiatry access
Our proposal, adopted from recommendations by the National Council for Behavioral Health, includes:
- Eliminating the requirement that telepsychiatry is allowed only in rural areas.
- Including telepsychiatry as a distinct category that makes available sufficient psychiatric and medical information to allow for the prescribing of controlled substances.
- Streamlining DEA registration for mental health professionals offering telepsychiatry.
- Expanding federal and state loan forgiveness to include telepsychiatry.
- Reimbursing for telepsychiatry at the same rate as in-person psychiatric services.